The Kule Institute for Advanced Study, the European Union Centre of Excellence, the Wirth Institute for Austrian and Central European Studies, and the Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers are pleased to invite you to a moderated public roundtable with panelists from the Alberta Government, the City of Edmonton, the Community and Academia.
Title: Is Canada Shaping a New Model for Managing the Refugee Crisis? Reflections from Government, Community and Civil Society in Canada, alongside the EU perspective
Date: Wednesday, January 20th, 4:00pm
Location: Edmonton Clinic Health Academy (ECHA) L1-190, University of Alberta North Campus
- Mr. Andre Corbould, Government of Alberta, Deputy Minister, Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour, and lead on Alberta’s refugee file
- Ms. Jennifer Fowler, City of Edmonton, Director, Multicultural Relations (Community Strategies and Development Branch)
- Mr. Erick Ambtman, Executive Director, Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers
- Dr. Agnieszka Weinar, Marie Curie Senior Fellow, European University Institute & Carleton University
- Mr. Ibrahim Cin, Executive Director, Intercultural Dialogue Institute Edmonton
- Dr. Reza Hasmath, Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Alberta
Moderator: Dr. Lori Thorlakson, Director, European Union Centre of Excellence, Associate Professor and Jean Monnet Chair, Department of Political Science, University of Alberta
Become a part of the event! Admission is free and open to the public.
A selection of the questions will be incorporated into the question and answer session of the event.
(RSVP is not necessary but can be submitted through the Facebook event page)