Is Canada Shaping a New Model for Managing the Refugee Crisis? Reflections from Government, Academia, Community and Civil Society in Canada, alongside the EU perspective
A moderated public roundtable that took place at the University of Alberta on January 20th, 2016.
- Mr. Andre Corbould, Deputy Minister, Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour, and lead on Alberta’s refugee file, Government of Alberta
- Ms. Jennifer Fowler, Director, Multicultural Relations, Community Strategies and Development Branch, City of Edmonton
- Mr. Erick Ambtman, Executive Director, Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers
- Dr. Agnieszka Weinar, Marie Curie Senior Fellow, European University Institute & Carleton University
- Mr. Ibrahim Cin, Executive Director, Intercultural Dialogue Institute Edmonton
- Dr. Reza Hasmath, Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Alberta
Moderator: Dr. Lori Thorlakson, Director, European Union Centre of Excellence, and Associate Professor and Jean Monnet Chair, Department of Political Science, University of Alberta.
The event was organized by the Kule Institute for Advanced Study, the European Union Centre of Excellence and the Wirth Institute for Austrian and Central European Studies at the University of Alberta, and the Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers.